Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the WHOLE POINT to feminism at its core was to fight to ensure that ALL women have the same rights as men. Including the right to make whatever decisions they feel will make THEM happy (barring of course anything that directly harms another person, e.g. molesting children, killing people, etc.).
Why then do I so often see women tearing down other women for their choices while hiding behind the mantle of “Feminism”? If someone wants to get a boob job, GOOD FOR HER, the reasons for her making this decision are NONE. OF. YOUR. CONCERN. If another woman wants to dress in skimpy clothes MORE POWER TO HER. The only time these behaviors/decisions have any cause to be questioned is if these women are being directly forced to make them by another.
When did it become this “oh you want to fit into societies ideals of the perfect woman” and that means you are BAD? If someone wants to dress or look a certain way so WHAT if that happens to be what “the media tells us” is beautiful, if she is happy (and hell even if she isn’t) it is no one else’s place to tell her what she can, can’t should or shouldn’t do.
Why don’t we try and get back to that ideal of supporting everyone in their decisions, and not cutting each other down just because we disagree.
- wingedkiare answered: I <3 you.
- badinfluencespeaks likes this
- carnivaloftherandom reblogged this from bookoisseur and added:
- ediesumms reblogged this from tishalulle
- carnivaloftherandom likes this
- 2funnyladies likes this
- 2funnyladies reblogged this from tishalulle
- realityfree likes this
- deathbylore reblogged this from tishalulle
- deathbylore likes this
- tenhoursinthelab reblogged this from bookoisseur
- geekyjessica likes this
- sisterite answered: I love you. <3
- sisterite likes this
- king-castiel likes this
- douglasbrookes likes this
- hashley00 answered: hello, i think i love you.
- portentsandprodigy likes this
- bookoisseur reblogged this from tishalulle
- tishalulle posted this